One of the modern world’s most severe health issues, obesity is not only an esthetic issue but also affects the overall health and quality of life of millions of people.
Our Hospital Obesity Clinic caters for international patients and their accompanying persons, offering the latest techniques, advice, programs and surgery in liaison with international patients’ medical professionals in their home countries.
Operating as a sub-unit of the General Surgery Center, our Hospital Obesity Clinic uses laparoscopic and robot technology to perform bariatric surgery that is known as the “Permanent Weight Loss Method” as a result of significant body weight loss. This method begins to show significant results after 6 months, and takes up to 18 months in total.
With the additional support and consultation of psychologists and dieticians, this can give our international weight loss surgery patients a whole new life of good health and activity.
Patients who seek information on obesity from public sources are exposed to information overload and sometimes misinformation.
Accurate and updated information can only really be obtained from fully equipped centers such as our Obesity Center that specialize in obesity surgery.
Successful obesity surgery cannot only be defined as a certain degree of weight loss over a short period of time. It must also be medically acceptable and proven, and maintain the weight loss in the long term with minimum side effects or complications.
Our Hospital Obesity Clinic caters for international patients, their families and accompanying persons, offering the latest techniques, advice, programs and surgery in liaison with international patients’ healthcare providers and professionals in their home countries.
Our Hospitals’s Multidisciplinary Approach
Our Hospitals bring together a wide array of surgical branches as part of our multidisciplinary approach to all health and obesity issues. Thus, our Obesity Surgery Unit is fully integrated into other fields of specialization including the Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Endocrinology, Psychiatry, Exercise and Nutritional Physiology, Dietetics and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.International patients are offered the services of other Centers as and when required.
At our Hospital Center of Obesity and Weight Loss Surgery we offer international patients a comprehensive program designed to help them lose significant weight, keep it off, and improve their health and well-being over the long term.
International patients are provided with a dedicated Recovery Specialist throughout their stay at our Hospital, who will assist the patent and their accompanying persons in all aspects of their treatment, including liaison with healthcare professionals in their home country.
Our Hospital program includes:
- Extensive pre-operative evaluation and preparation
- Psychological evaluation
- Pre and post-op behavior modification program run by our psychologist, dietician, in weekly support groups
- Personal trainer diet counseling with our registered dietician
- Lifelong follow up and liaison with the patient’s healthcare providers in their home countries
Is weight-loss surgery right for you?
In general, gastric bypass and other weight-loss surgery could be an option for you if:
- Efforts to lose weight with diet and exercise have been unsuccessful
- Your body mass index (BMI) is 40 or higher (extreme obesity)
- Your BMI is 35 to 39.9 (obesity), and you have a serious weight-related health problem, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure or severe sleep apnea
- In some cases, you may qualify for certain types of weight-loss surgery if your BMI is 30 to 34 and you have serious weight-related health problems